Monday, October 22, 2007

More October Birthdays


This creation was for the husband of Joyce, one of our camping group. His birthdays is (I think) 3 days ahead of hers but I made both cards for the same day. His uses Bashful Blue and Chocolate Chip cs and a really cute stamp set called Happy Camper. The sentiment is just the words from Fast and Fun notes colored with a Chocolate Chip marker. The campfire was colored with markers also - black, choc. chip, ruby red and more mustard - in an effort to make it look like flames. The trees were stamped off with Handsome Hunter and Chocolate Chip markers and stars were added with the silver Encore ink and the star stamp from Background Basics. I lightly sponged with Bashful Blue all over the BB cs just to give it a little texture and added some Antique SU brads to the right bottom corner. Again I tried a little presentation and DH took the picture, etc., etc. Malcolm liked it a lot, especially the envie which I stamped all around two edges with the hiking boot from the Happy Camper set. On Joyce's card I stamped a Sassy Stem on the envie which looked nice, too. I really enjoyed making these cards so I must have been in the groove or something. You know what it's like when you sit there, trying your best to be creative but nothing happens? Not today; today it all worked!

No comments: