Monday, October 22, 2007

Birthdays Keep on Coming


We go camping from Easter to Thanksgiving with four other couples, one of whom have birthdays just a few days apart. Perfect excuse to make cards, right? I had bought some Avon pink ribbon purse/cellphone charms that sent the proceeds to breast cancer research and so here was a reason to make a mostly pink card. I used Pretty In Pink textured and VV cs, adding two flowers from the Pretties kit that I colored with pastels and a sponge dauber. It works so great, the best way I've found to color them, and believe me, I've tried many different ways. I added a half pearl covered with DD and made a stem using Sassy Stems and a couple of markers. The sentiment is from Hugs and Wishes, the ribbon is SU pink organdy. I tried to "present" the card with an arrangement of the supplies I used and DH took the picture for me and posted it to the desktop so I could add it here (see previous post on my clueless self) so I hope you like it. Joyce loved it which was the whole point of the exercise!

No comments: