Thursday, May 24, 2007

The Turquoise Card


I partially made this card, while camping in the rain this past long weekend, by stamping, coloring and cutting out the "Doodle This" flowers. After we got home I assembled the Cool Caribbean cardstock by scoring and folding back half the front and using the corner punch to scallop the edge. I added a piece of designer paper first and hole-punched the scallops before adhering it to the front. I stuck the flowers on with dimensionals and raised the petals to give them more of a three-dimensional look. Then I used "Doodle This" again to add swirls to the inside right of the card. I stamped them with Taken with Teal and outlined them with a white gel pen. I haven't decided what sentiment to add but I think happy birthday, thank you, or thinking of you would all be suitable. All in all it was a little tedious but it sure helped to pass the time while it rained!

1 comment:

KerrySchwen said...

this is beautiful LYNN!! What a lot of work but well worth the outcome! Would love to see this in real life.....love all the detail you gave it.
Kerry