Monday, May 14, 2007

Iris Fold Birthday Card


Here is a birthday card I made with the Iris Fold technique, something that looks a lot more difficult than it is. There is a template that is numbered and basically all you do is lay the folded strips down according to the layout. It's all done from the back so of course it looks messy but once you turn it over it's a real "wow" effect. I used Sarah designer paper because there are five different patterns, which I needed for this layout, and just because it's so feminine and pretty.
I used Noteworthy for the centre flower (with a little bling added to the centre) and for the corners. The cs is Almost Amethyst and Barely Banana. There's a webside you can go to, www.irisfolding.circleofcrafters.com where you can find lots of patterns and templates, copying them to your heart's content. They don't mind you printing them off as long as you aren't selling them, which is fair. I'm going to transpose mine to vellum cs so they last longer since I'd really like to try a few more. Give it a try and if you need a hand let me know. It really is a snap.

1 comment:

KerrySchwen said...

thanks for posting the website info! I'm glad i'm the lucky one that got this card :)
Kerry