Monday, May 7, 2007

Doodle This Thank You card


This is a card I put together yesterday. It took so long I couldn't believe why I kept working on it and didn't just throw it all out. I wanted to use my two ladybugs on a thank you card but couldn't come up with a knockout color scheme. Many thanks to Charmaine from Oodabug Alley for the ladybug idea. I tweaked her design, put them together a bit differently and covered them with crystal effects but otherwise the idea is all hers. Anyway, I stamped my Really Red cs with the Soft Swirl bg stamp and covered the left end with black/white gingham ribbon where the bg stamp didn't quite cover the cs. Then I cut out a piece of black cs, stamped it with Doodle This in craft white, attached a scalloped edge with 1/2 " circles out of whisper white cs and doodled around the edge with white gel pen. I hole-punched each scallop with my smallest hand punch to make it look more lacy and less solid. Then I covered two ribbon holders from Hodgepodge Hardward with black Stazon and let them dry. While waiting I made a scalloped oval using Coluzzle and the corner rounder punch. I also hole punched all around the edge and doodled with a black marker. Then I cut a ribbon slot in each end, threaded more black gingham ribbon through the slots, pulled the ribbon fairly tight and secured it with glue dots. Also, I attached the ladybugs with dimensionals and added gel pen antennae. The oval is sponged around the edge with Real Red.

No comments: