Saturday, August 16, 2008

Sparkly Birthday Card


Here is a card I totally cased from my friend and upline, Kerry. Her blog is here at ehmazingstampers@blogspot.com She used the Birthday Whimsy set from SU which I don't have so I substituted Garden Whimsy instead. The butterfly is sparkled up with Rose Glitter Ritz 'cuz I didn't want to use the Cosmo purply-pink glitter. I thought it would overpower the Pink Pirouette cs which I just love. I also used whisper white and Pretty in Pink cs from SU. I used a couple of Pretties Kit flowers and a half-back pearl, secured with Crystal Effects and applied with a dimensional and I outlined the bottom right butterfly with a Sakura Gelly Roll silver marker. It sparkles too, as does the big butterfly, IRL. Doesn't show up that well in the photo. I made a similar card using Pacific Point and Tempting Turquoise cs and I thought they both turned out well. I'm really liking the new In Colors and can't wait to do more with them. So many ideas, so little time!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Great card, Lynn! I love these colours!