Saturday, July 12, 2008

Sympathy Card


My dh George has to go to the funeral of a co-worker this afternoon and he asked me to make him a card to take along. I didn't know this man but George has known him for many years so I really tried to put some thought into it. I used a 5" square ww base layered with Night of Navy and So Saffron and then another ww layer. I stamped the large image from Essence of Love with Versamark and embossed it with a garnet colored ep that comes out exactly the colour of Bravo Burgundy. I added the butterfly from Essence of Love in the upper right corner, the sentiment from the same set in the lower right and a piece of burgundy ribbon on the upper left. I used Bravo Burgundy for the stamping and I also put one of the Close as a Memory sentiments on the inside. I had some nice 5 1/2" square white envelopes to use that worked well for this card. It's never great to have to go to a funeral but I also had to go to one yesterday, of a co-worker's husband who died far too young due to cancer. Making a card for her and for dh's friend today brought home how fragile life is and how we shouldn't get so caught up in the day-to-day of it all that we forget. Hang on close to the ones you love!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm also into those things. care to give some advice?

Anonymous said...

Gomen kudasai.