Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thank You Card du jour


This is another of the thank you cards I put together for my co-worker in the Activities Dept. where I work. This time I used the new DP called Bali Breeze. Wow, it's so colorful, lots of turquoise and orange, so that's what I pulled in with the ribbon, scallop-punched detail and the base of the card. The flower, if you want to call it that, is 2 layers of DP and 2 layers of cs, one Purely Pomegranate, one Pumpkin Pie and then two layers of Bali Breeze DP. I cut into the scallops to make "petals" and then punched through all four layers, adding a brad from the Pretties kit. Then I put the ribbon on, one strip each of orange and turquoise and then a little knotted piece, the "Thank You" from Artfully Asian ( I adore that stamp set) and it was done. I tried to fluff up the petals but I was afraid of tearing them so I didn't go crazy with it. I added a line of scallops from Purely Pomegranate that I punched out with the slit punch. I like the effect from that punch since it's quite large, moreso than the corner rounder punches. I ventured into rub-on territory on the turquoise half of the card and I think it looks great; finishes it off sort of. All in all not a totally shabby effort, she said!


2 comments:

KerrySchwen said...

Great card Lynn - love the layout and colours you chose! Also what you did to make the flower.
Kerry

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Toner, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://toner-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.